Semaglutide Weight Loss Program
- Do you have extra pounds that you would like to lose?
- Have you been working hard for a long time to lose weight?
- Are you frustrated and ready to give up because you haven’t seen results?
- Do you eat well and exercise and wonder why you can’t lose weight?
- Do you want to lose on average 1-3 pounds a week and KEEP IT OFF?
- Do you want to get control of your weight and see quick results to stay motivated?
- Have you reached a plateau in your weight loss efforts?
- If you answered yes to any of the above questions. Then the Semaglutide Medical weight loss program at Austin Skin and Wellness is right for you. Semaglutide has helped millions to lose weight and engage in healthier lifestyles.
SEMAGLUTIDE WEIGHT LOSS BENEFITS
- Long-term safe weight loss that is approved by the FDA when used along with a healthy diet and exercise.
- The average weight loss was 15% of body mass
- Helps regulate blood sugar, aids in the function of digestion which helps you feel fuller longer
- It acts on appetite centers in the brain to decrease hunger which in turn it helps to reduce leptin resistance (a hormone that can affect your metabolism and weight)
What is it?
Semaglutide is a simple once a week weight loss injection. It has been used successfully for several years under a brand name and is now available in its generic form at a significant discount. It is a glucagon-like Peptide (GLP-1) analogue that is used to effectively treat and manage obesity.
How does it work?
It does 3 things. First, it slows gastric emptying so when you eat you fill up faster and stay full longer. Second, it shuts off Ghrelin which is the hunger hormone that drives our cravings for high calorie foods. Finally, it works like glucagon (a hormone) in the body and breaks down your stored fat as energy. This process helps people effectively shed 1-3 lbs a week all while never feeling hungry or deprived. When used alongside a healthy diet and exercise routine this program creates long term shifts to the “set point” to create and maintain sustainable long term weight loss.
How long will I need to take it?
Most people will take Semaglutide until they reach their goal weight. The average person taking Semaglutide will lose 8-12 lbs a month. Many patients will be on Semaglutide for approximately 3-6 months.
How is it administered?
The injections are administered once a week on the same day every week. It is a small injection that goes under the skin into the subcutaneous (fat) tissue of the abdomen or thigh. It can be taken with or without food.
Potential side effects?
The most common side effects with use of this medication include nausea, constipation, some fatigue and lack of appetite. Side effects are generally mild and are easily managed by following provider recommendations and additional provider assisted support. Many side effects subside after the first 4-6 weeks.
Typical dosing schedule?
This medication is taken once a week. The dose is titrated weekly with your provider to maintain a 1-3 lb weight loss a week while minimizing the potential for side effects.
Who should avoid Semaglutide?
Those with a history of thyroid cancer, pancreatitis, kidney or liver disease, those who consume alcohol on a daily basis, those with a history of eating disorders, and those with mood disorders should not use semaglutide.
Is this program covered by insurance?
The Semaglutide Weight Loss Program is not currently covered by insurance. Austin Skin and Wellness is a cash pay facility.
For questions or to book an initial visit for The Semaglutide Weight Loss Program at Austin Skin and Wellness call 512-551-8551.