QUESTION: What are some things I can do to help decrease risk of breast cancer?
ANSWER: Making good lifestyle choices can help to reduce the risk of breast cancer and other chronic diseases.
· Maintain a healthy weight
· Eat a balanced nutritious whole foods diet while avoiding processed foods and added sugar
· Maintaining an optimal vitamin D level between 50-80
· Getting regular consistent exercise
· Don’t smoke or vape
· Avoid or significantly limit alcohol consumption
· Avoid exposure to environmental chemicals
· Get adequate restful sleep and decrease stress